A role cameo gold cameo appearance ( / k æ m i oʊ / ; Often Shortened to just cameo ) is a brief appearance of a hand or voice Known person in a work of the performing arts , unnamed gold Typically Appearing as Themselves. These roles are generally small in size, and they are often made to appear as they are in the form of a particular film. Short appearances by celebrities , film directors , politicians ,athletes , or musicians are common. A crew member of the movie or show playing a minor role Can Be Referred to have a cameo as well, Such As Alfred Hitchcock ‘s frequently Performed cameos .
Originally “cameo role” meant “a small character that stands out from the other minor parts”. The Oxford English Dictionary connects with a literary sketch or portrait, which is based on the literal meaning of ” cameo “, a miniature carving on a gemstone.  More recently, “cameo” has come to refer to any short appearances, whether as a character or as oneself, such as the examples below. 
Cameos are not credited because of their brevity, or a perceived mismatch between the celebrity’s stature and the film or TV show in which he or she is appearing. Many are publicity stunts. Others are acknowledgments of an actor’s contribution to an earlier work, as in the case of many film adaptations of TV series, or of remakes of earlier films. Others honored artists or celebrities known for work in a particular field. [ quote needed ]
Possibly the best-known series of cameos by Alfred Hitchcock , who made very brief appearances in most of his films . 
Cameos also occur in novels and other literary works. “Literary cameos” usually Involve year Established Reviews another character from work Who makes a brief appearance to suit les a shared universe setting, to make a point or to offer homage . Balzac often employed this practice, as in his Human Comedy . Sometimes a cameo features a historical person who “drops in” on fictional characters in a historical novel , when Benjamin Franklin shares a beer with Phillipe Charboneau in The Bastard by John Jakes . [ quote needed ]
A cameo appearance can be made by the author of a work of a personal signature on a story. Vladimir Nabokov often put himself in his novels; Vivian Darkbloom, an instance of the author’s name in Lolita . 
Quentin Tarantino provides cameos or small roles in at least 10 of his movies. 
Likewise, Peter Jackson has made a brief comeback in all of his movies, except for his first feature-length film Bad Taste in which he plays a main character, as well as The Battle of the Five Armies . For example, he plays a peasant eating a carrot in The Fellowship of the Ring and The Desolation of Smaug ; A Rohan warrior in The Two Towers and a Corsair of Umbar boatswain in The Return of the King . All four were non-speaking “blink and you miss him” appearances, though in the Extended Release of the Return of the KingThe character of the world is one of the most popular of the world. 
Director Martin Scorsese appears in the background of his films as a bystander or an unseen character . In Who’s That Knocking at My Door , he appears as one of the gangsters; he is a lighting crew man in After Hours and a taxi driver . He opens up his 1986 film The Color of Money with a monologue on the art of playing pool. In addition, he appears with his wife and daughter as wealthy New Yorkers in Gangs of New York , and he appears as a theater-goer and is heard as a film projectionist in The Aviator . [ quote needed ]
In the same way, Roman Polanski appears as a hired hoodlum in his movie Chinatown , slitting Jack Nicholson’s nose with the blade of his clasp knife. 
Actors and writers
Directors sometimes cast well-known lead actors with whom they have worked in other films. Mike Todd’s film Around the World in 80 Days (1956) was filled with cameo roles: ( John Gielgud as an English butler, Frank Sinatraplaying piano in a saloon), and others. The stars in cameo roles were pictured in oval insets in posters for the film, and gave the term wide circulation outside the theatrical profession. [ quote needed ]
It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad World (1963), an epic comedy, also features comedian alive at the time, including the Three Stooges , Jerry Lewis , a silent appearance by Buster Keaton and a voice-only cameo by Selma Diamond . 
Among the many cameos featured in Maverick , (directed by Richard Donner ), Danny Glover ( Mel Gibson’s co-star in the Lethal Weapon franchise of films also directed by Donner) appears as the lead bank robber . He and Maverick (Gibson) share a scene where they look as if they knew each other, but then shake it off. As Glover makes his escape with the money , he mutters “I’m too old for this shit”, his character’s catchphrase in the Lethal Weapon film series. In addition, a strain of the main theme from Lethal Weapon plays in the scorewhen Glover is revealed. Actress Margot Kidder made a cameo appearance in the same film as a robbed villager, and the actress previously starred as Lois Lane in one of Donner’s earlier Superman movies . 
Ben Stiller , Vince Vaughn , Owen Wilson , Luke Wilson , and Will Ferrell have made appearances in so many of the same movies ( USA ) as the ” Frat Pack ” to the group.  Actor Adam Sandler is also known for frequently casting Saturday Night Live performers (including Rob Schneider and David Spade ) in various roles in his films, and most notably in his films. Produces). Sam Raimi frequently uses his brotherTed and Bruce Campbell in his movies.  
The american singer / actress Dear has done a couple of cameos over the yeras. She did two cameos in Will & Grace and she even did a few in the 90s.
The animated series Adventures of Tintin featured his author Hergé in all the episodes. 
Stan Lee is well known for most of the Marvel movies . 
An Adventure in Space and Time , a drama about how the Doctor Who Began, features Many actors from the show’s past , Including two past companions in a party scene, Reviews another as a mother calling her children in for dinner and was fourth in a car park at the BBC. 
Movies based one actual events occasionally include cameo guest appearances by the people portrayed in ’em. In The Pursuit of Happyness , Chris Gardner makes a cameo at the end. 24 Hour Party People , about Tony Wilson, Tony Wilson and many other notable people. In the movie Apollo 13 , James Lovell and his wife Marilyn appear next to the actors ( Tom Hanks and Kathleen Quinlan respectively). Domino Harvey makes a short appearance in the credits of Domino , while the realErin Brockovich has a cameo appearance as a waitress named Julia in the eponymous movie (where her role is played by Julia Roberts actress ). [ quote needed ]
Elon Musk and Larry Ellison , both founders of large technology companies, are featured in the 2010 blockbuster, Iron Man 2 . 
The King of Sweden, Carl XVI Gustaf , was in the children’s program “Mika” (Mika och renen Ossian på äventyr) when Mika was in Stockholm with his reindeer. 
- Bit part
- Fictional crossover
- Jump up^ Oxford English Dictionary, “Cameo”.
- Jump up^ “Cameo in Film topic” . Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English . Retrieved 9 January 2017 .
a short appearance in a movie or play by a well-known actor
- Jump up^ Dirks, Tim. “Alfred Hitchcock’s Film Cameo Appearances in His Own Films” . Filmsite . Retrieved 15 September2016 .
- Jump up^ Straumann, Barbara (2008). Figurations of Exile in Hitchcock and Nabokov . Edinburgh University Press. p. 114. ISBN 978-0-7486-3647-1 .
- Jump up^ Vincent, Alice; Saunders, Tristram Fane (10 December 2015). “Quentin Tarantino: his 10 best cameo roles” . The Daily Telegraph . Retrieved 15 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ Sumra, Husain (14 December 2011). “Did you know that Peter Jackson made cameos in the Lord of the Rings movies?” . Swiftfilm . Retrieved 15 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ Clarke, Roger (May 1, 2008). “Story of the scene: ‘Chinatown’ Roman Polanski (1974)” . The Independent . Retrieved 15 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ Sobczynski, Peter (21 January 2014). ” ” It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World “Gets the Deluxe Treatment from Criterion” . Roger Ebert . Retrieved 15 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ Ebert, Roger (May 20, 1994). “Maverick” . Chicago Sun-Times . Sun-Times Media Group . Retrieved 15 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ Wloszczyna, Susan (15 June 2004). “Wilson and Vaughn: Leaders of the ‘Frat Pack ‘ ” . USA Today .
- Jump up^ “Monsters-Movies.com” . Retrieved 18 February 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Sam Raimi – Credited with” . Retrieved 18 February2017 .
- Jump up^ Talbot, John; Adams, Edmund; Winkels, Rob; Mar, Irene (March 27, 2009). “Hergé’s Cameo Appearances” . Tintinologist . Retrieved 15 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ “Stan Lee has made 28 cameos in Marvel movies and shows – here they are” . Retrieved 18 February 2017 .
- Jump up^ Wilson, Dan (21 November 2013). “Doctor Who: 17 Things for Who to Fans in An Adventure in Space and Time by Mark Gatiss” . Metro . Retrieved 15 September 2016 .
- Jump up^ Greenberg, Andy. “Elon Musk, Larry Ellison Appear In Iron Man 2” . Forbes .
- Jump up^ “It’s So Last Century – Mika” . Retrieved 18 February2017 .