In the Hollywood movie industry , a four-quadrant movie “quadrants” of the moviegoing audience: both male and female, and both over- and under-25s.  Movies are at least two such quadrants, and most tent-movies are four-quadrant movies. A film is often correlated to the number of quadrants, the film is expected to reach, and is less often than not. 
Although four-quadrant movies are generally family-friendly , this is not a requirement.  Some other genres meeting this may be romantic (such as Titanic and Meet the Parents ) or horror films ( The Exorcist ), gold be crowd-pleasing in nature,   such as high-profile action films gold adaptations of popular novels. Four-quadrant movies often have both adult and child protagonists.  They are often built on a ” high-concept ” premise with well-delineated heroes and villains, with emotion, action and danger present in the story. 
- Family movie
- Blockbuster (entertainment)
- Tent-pole movie
- Jump up^ Neil Smith (26 October 2011). “Why did the help clean up at the US box office?” . BBC News.
- Jump up^ Friend, Tad (19 January 2009). “The Cobra” . The New Yorker . Retrieved 7 December 2014 .
- Jump up^ Tomasi, Rollo (30 April 2012). “Movie Term of the Week: Four-Quadrant Movie” . Filmbook . Retrieved 7 December 2014 .
- Jump up^ White, Forest F. (27 October 2012). “How to write a four-quadrant story, or using movie marketing logic on a novel” . Dreamwidth . Retrieved 7 December 2014 .
- Jump up^ “10 Great Quadrant Movies Screenwriters Can Learn From” . Industrial Scripts . September 28, 2013 . Retrieved 7 December 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Stormblog” . September 16, 2006 . Retrieved 7 December 2014 .
- Jump up^ “What Makes Has Four Quadrant Film? 10 Essential Elements” . ScreenCraft . 22 November 2013 . Retrieved 7 December 2014 .