A no-budget movie is a movie made with very little gold no money.
Young directors starting out in filmmaking and many older people are working on this point. All the actors and technicians are employed in these films without remuneration . These films are largely non-profit . Usually the directorworks alone on such films, or uses a very small “crew” of volunteers to assist him / her on such projects, where no money or financing is available, not including the cost of equipment and software used in production and post- production.
Satyajit Ray’s debut film, Pather Panchali (1955),  which was produced on a budget of ₹ 1.5 lakh (US $ 2,300)  Along with the other films in Ray’s The Apu Trilogy the film is frequently listed among the greatest movies of all time .     In 1960, Ron Rice released The Flower Thief , starring Taylor Mead , to a positive reception. The film was produced for less than $ 1000  using black-and-white 16mm50 ‘film cartridges left over from aerial gunnery equipment used during World War II.  In the early 1960s, filmmaker Jack Smith used discarded color-reversal film stock to film Flaming Creatures .  John Waters ‘ 1964 black-and-white Hag in a Black Leather jacketfilming $ 30 to make, though Waters has said that it stole the stock movie.  Craig Baldwin ‘s Flick Skin is Entirely made from discarded film, or ” found footage “, retrieved from a projectionist’s booth. [ citation needed ] The No Wave Cinema1970, represented by filmmakers such as Vivienne Dick , produced many notable films on Super 8,  such as Beauty Becomes The Beast . In 1993, Sarah Jacobson’s first film, I Was a Teenage Serial Killer , was made with “one camera, one tape recorder, one mic and, like, four lights”.  GB Jones took 13 years to film, direct and edit on Super 8mm the film feature The Lollipop Generation , which was filmed when it was made to buy a roll of film, and finally released in 2008.  In 2012, first time director Shawn Holmes shot his debutMemory Lane with non-professional actors and a budget of less than $ 300.  In the same year Goodbye Promise , the first movie ever to be distributed directly to its audience via a crowdfunding platform.  was released. The 2013 sci-fi Hyperfutura by James O’Brien is a live action narrative to create a dystopian future on an inventive no-budget scale. 
The film is often shot on location , or with permission, or without permission, which is referred to as ” guerrilla filmmaking “, using such sites as the home of the filmmaker or their friends, in the backyard or local neighborhood. No-budget movies have been made in the past using Super 8 mm movie or video , but recent movies have taken advantage of low-cost digital cameras and editing programs. A notable example of this could be found in the studio of ASS Studios , a no-budget film studio founded in 2011 by Courtney Fathom Sell and Reverend Jen Miller on the Lower East Side of New York City . 
No-budget films can be distributed on film festivals that focus on independent and experimental films ,  such as the Flicker Film Festival  and No Budget Film Festival  in Los Angeles , The 8 Fest in Toronto , and the Trasharama A-Go-Go festival in Australia . [ citation needed ] The Polish Brothers Distributed Their No-Budget Movie For Lovers Only on iTunes and on social media to publicize it. 
Examples of well-received no-budget movies are Kevin Smith’s Clerks ,  Christopher Nolan’s Following ,  Jafar Panahi ‘s Taxi  and Shane Carruth ‘s Primer .
- Low-budget movie
- Underground movie
- Video art
- Kino (movement)
- Guerrilla filmmaking
- Jump up^ Robinson, Andrew (2003), Satyajit Ray: The Inner Eye: The Biography of a Master Film-Maker , IB Tauris, p. 77, ISBN 1-86064-965-3
- Jump up^ Pradip Biswas (September 16, 2005). “50 years of Pather Panchali” . Screen Weekly . Retrieved 2009-04-23 .
- Jump up^ “The Sight & Top Ten Poll Sound: 1992” . Sight & Sound . British Film Institute . Retrieved 2008-05-20 .
- Jump up^ “Take One: The First Annual Movie Voice Critics Village ‘Poll’ . The Village Voice . 1999. Archived from the original on 2007-08-26 . Retrieved 2006-07-27 .
- Jump up^ The Best 1,000 Movies Ever MadeBy THE CRITICS OF THE NEW YORK TIMES,New York Times, 2002.
- Jump up^ “All-time 100 Movies” . Time . Time Inc. 2005-02-12 . Retrieved 2008-05-19 .
- Jump up^ Dixon, Wheeler Winston, “Performing in 1960s Experimental Film”,Film CriticismVol 23, 1998
- Jump up^ Dixon, Winston Wheeler, “The Exploding Eye”
- Jump up^ Strother, Annie (2011-11-23). “MOMA Country Homage to Experimental Filmmaker Jack Smith” . PBS . Retrieved 2014-11-15 .
- Jump up^ Grow, Kory (2014-09-05). “John Waters Looks Back: ‘I Was Worse Than Ed Wood ‘ ” . Rolling Stone . Retrieved 2014-11-15 .
- Jump up^ “From No Wave To National Cinema”, Lux
- Jump up^ Sinagra, Laura, “Grrrl, Interrupted”, City Lights , 2004
- Jump up^ Liss, Sarah, “The Lollipop Generation”, Eye Weekly , 2 Apr, 2008
- Jump up^ Courtney, Hannah. “Ferry filmmaker’s ‘Memory Lane’ hits US” . Times Leader Online . Retrieved 25 April 2015 .
- Jump up^ “David Branin & Karen Worden from Courage Release Feature Film ‘Goodbye Promise’ for $ 1 on IndieGoGo” . No Film School .
- Jump up^ Chatelin, Bruno. Cannes Dailies. http://www.filmfestivals.com/blog/cannes_market_dailies/james_obrien_s_hyperfutura_the_controversial_cult_sci_fi_feature_film_with_eric_kopatz_gets_cable_vod
- Jump up^ http://filmmakermagazine.com/27295-courtney-fathom-sells-hi-8-high-life/
- Jump up^ http://filmmakermagazine.com/29016-so-you-wanna-be-an-underground-filmmaker/#.VQ-DxkLjNFI
- Jump up^ Nelms, Ian; Nelms, Eshom (2013-05-29). “Film Festivals: A Firsthand Account From the Front Lines of 21st-Century DIY ‘Distribution’ . The Wrap . Retrieved 2014-11-15 .
- Jump up^ Corrigan, Mike (2004-09-16). “Fall Arts Film – Flicker Fest” . The Pacific Northwest Inlander . Retrieved 2014-11-15 .
- Jump up^ King, Susan (2013-09-25). “No Budget Film Festival, in 4th year, to feature screenings, panels” . Los Angeles Times . Retrieved 2014-11-15.
- Jump up^ Macaulay, Scott (2011-07-13). “Polish Brothers Successful Release No-Budget Movie On iTunes” . Filmmaker . Retrieved 2014-11-15 .
- Jump up^ Kelly, Christopher (2014-09-29). Kevin Smith says Clerks III is finally a go . NJ.com . Retrieved 2014-11-15 .
- Jump up^ Andrew, Geoff (2002-08-27). “Christopher Nolan” . The Guardian . Retrieved 2014-11-15 .
- Jump up^ Sexton, David (2015-02-17). “David Sexton: How to make a great movie with no money or professional actors” . London Evening Standard . Retrieved 2015-12-03 .