The Oscar season is the time in which Hollywood studios release their more critically acclaimed films, hoping to win at the Academy Awards . Oscar season usually begins in the late-fall and early-winter, around November, and ends on December 31st of that year.  ALTHOUGH the qui dates in the summer blockbuster season ends and the Oscar season begins are ambiguous, and depend on the year.
The Academy Awards occur every late February and see that win awards typically see a boost in sales. To take advantage of this, the studios release films they deem “Oscar worthy” in the fall, before the eligibility cut-off, so that the films remain fresh in the memories of Academy members right before the Awards, increasing their chances of being nominated. 
During Oscar season, movies and videos are widely used for their films to win. Harvey Weinstein , of Miramax , is especially notorious for his campaigning.  Weinstein was rumored to have rumored that John Nash was antisemitic, to hurt the chances of a beautiful mind, which was competing for the awards with the Miramax movie in the bedroom .  It was also suspected, although unproven, that Weinstein was involved with the nomination of the Reader in 2009, a film that received mixed reviews from critics. 
The Oscars represent a rare slice of Hollywood where independent film distributors with their moderate and low-budget films can best the major studios and their blockbusters. Because Oscar voters are serious in their indie films, the glossy major-studio movies are usually passed over. The awards campaigns Involve Placed advertising Labeled with the subtle ” for your consideration ” talent appearances in industry seminars, by-invitation parties soliciting press coverage, screenings of movies in theaters, online or via mailed DVDs, and live email and print mail marketing messages to voters.  The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences that confers the Oscars
The studio is responsible for the studio’s films. This is the form of hosting celebrity-filled private parties for “friends” before the Awards.  The CEO of Universal Studios , Ronald Meyer , for example, Ron Howard , Brian Grazer , and Frank Langella -by hosting a cocktail party at Nobu West. 
- Dump months
- Oscar bait
- Film awards seasons
- 2016-17 movie awards season
- Jump up^ Drucker, Zach. “Trailers tease Hollywood’s upcoming blockbuster and Oscar-season favorites” . Daily Tufts . Retrieved October 29, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Bourdeau, Annette. “2010’s Most Transparent Oscar Bait” . Moviefone . Retrieved October 29, 2010 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Obst, Lynda. “A Diminished Oscar Season” . The Atlantic . Retrieved October 29, 2010 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Sperling, Nicole (February 5, 2009). “Oscars 2009: ‘The Reader’ Changes the Game” . Entertainment Weekly . Retrieved October 29, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Marich, Robert (2013). Marketing to Moviegoers: A Handbook of Strategies and Tactics (3rd ed.). Southern Illinois University Press . pp. 235-48.